Last year was the first time I attempted a reading challenge and unfortunately I was not able to complete it. So, after reading a few blogs on the topic of about tackling reading challenges (mainly modernmrsdarcy.com who is an awesome blogger) I discovered that my problem was that I did not commit to a plan. To resolve this, I did research about the books I want to read and wrote them down ahead of time. So, this year my goal is to complete 3 reading list goals.
Here is the first of my reading challenges I am going to accomplish (yes, accomplish…I’m going in with that much confidence) in 2017:
This is the READING FOR FUN challenge by Anne (the blogger on modernmrsdarcy.com)
- A book you chose for the cover : Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller
- A book with a reputation for being un-put-down-able: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- A book set somewhere you’ve never been but would like to visit: The Red Notebook by Antoine Laurain
- A book you’ve already read: Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher
- A juicy memoir: Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- A book about books or reading: –
- A book in a genre you usually avoid: The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ackerman
- A book you don’t want to admit you’re dying to read: –
- A book in the backlist of a new favourite author: The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir by Thi Bui
- A book recommended by someone with great taste: A Hero’s Walk by Anita Rau Badami
- A book you were excited to buy or borrow but haven’t read yet: Winter by Marissa Meyer
- A book about a topic or subject you already love: Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette
Happy reading to all of you!